After earning his B.A. in Economics and Political Science in 1985 from The University of Colorado, Michael D. O’Neill went on to William Mitchell
College of Law to earn his J.D. in 1989.
From there Michael expanded his legal knowledge and skill practicing at the Ramsey County Public Defendant’s Office as a Law Clerk/Attorney
and then the law firm of Dudley & Smith, P.A. as an Associate Attorney; O’Neill, Grills & O’Neill, PLLP as a Managing Partner;
and Johnson Provo-Peterson O’Neill as Partner.
Michael’s list of pro bono activities include serving the Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services as a Board Member and Chair, the Annual
Hockey Fundraiser Event at the Xcel Energy Center, and as a Board Member for the Roseville Area Youth Hockey Association and Friends of
the Oval Foundation.
Outside of his practice areas, Michael has shared his knowledge and skill by teaching Employment Law Related classes and seminars at the Upper
Midwest Employment Law Institute and Lorman Education Seminars.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Ramsey County Bar Association Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association Member
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services (SMRLS), 2005 – Present Board Member
- Minnesota Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association – Former Board Member
- Chair Annual Hockey Fundraiser Event at the Xcel Energy Center
- Roseville Area Youth Hockey Association – Former Board Member
- Friends of the Oval Foundation – Board Member
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008